Endogenous ligands for cannabinoid receptors ("endocannabinoids") include the lipid transmitters anandamide and 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG). Endocannabinoids modulate a diverse set of physiological processes and are tightly regulated by enzymatic biosynthesis and degradation. Termination of anandamide signaling by fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) is well characterized, but less is known about the inactivation of 2-AG, which can be hydrolyzed by multiple enzymes in vitro, including FAAH and monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL). Here, we have taken a functional proteomic approach to comprehensively map 2-AG hydrolases in the mouse brain. Our data reveal that approximately 85% of brain 2-AG hydrolase activity can be ascribed to MAGL, and that the remaining 15% is mostly catalyzed by two uncharacterized enzymes, ABHD6 and ABHD12. Interestingly, MAGL, ABHD6, and ABHD12 display distinct subcellular distributions, suggesting that they may control different pools of 2-AG in the nervous system.